Your Home Inspection Checklist
So you’re ready to buy a new home? Congratulations! Chances are, if you have made it this far, you have heard about home inspections. If you are just getting started, this might be a new concept to you. However, a home inspection is a very important part of purchasing a home. We highly recommend the services of a professional home inspector before purchasing a house. Following a home inspection checklist protects your investment for the future. It can also save you money and frustration, as well.
These Are Some Of The Items Your Home Inspector Will Be Checking:
There Are Lots Of Inspections To Be Completed Indoors. A Typical Home Inspection Checklist Should Include:
* Appliances: Be sure they are energy efficient, in working order, and under warranty (if you want to get easy repairs and replacements).
* Electrical inspections: This can assure you that your home is safe and your utilities are ready to use.
* Pests in the walls: This could include things like rodents or termites. Take care of them before moving in.
* Mold: In areas that might be damp, like the cellar or basement.
* Plumbing: All sinks and pipes should be checked for leaks.
* Windows: Windows should be in working order, sealed correctly, and not broken.
Here Is A Home Inspection Checklist For Outdoors:
* Roof: Could also be done from inside in the attic.
* Drainage: Drains should not be clogged and are in working order.
HVAC system: Both heating and cooling should be run before you move in. Will also look for things like rust. Replace air filters.
Exterior surfaces: All surfaces show no sign of rot or weathering. Paint job is completed correctly. Nothing is flaking, bubbled, cracked, peeling, or broken.
Other Areas and Items
There May Be Other Areas/Things To Include In Your Home Inspection Checklist:
* Fixtures: Especially important in bathrooms and kitchens.
* Storage areas: Will look for signs of pests, mold, or dampness.
* Detectors: Be sure smoke detectors, security systems, carbon monoxide detectors are working correctly.
* Sump pumps and sewage system: Should be checked to prevent backups and be sure that you maintain them.
* Stairs and handrails: Should be sturdy.
* Foundation: Be sure that there are no cracks in the foundation and that it is solid.
* Insulation: Proper insulation can go a long way in keeping down utility bills.
Get Your Home Inspection Checklist Started And Schedule Your Home Inspection By Contacting Us At 678-253-4716 Or Schedule Online Right Here From Our Website By Clicking Schedule Now.
Discovery Inspections, LLC
Your Premier Atlanta Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Atlanta Home Inspector company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Discovery Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Atlanta area, we can help!
Owned and operated by Master Inspector Specialist, Gary Sloan, Discovery Inspections prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.
Call (678) 253-4716 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website
Safety, Security and Peace Of Mind ~ Discovery Inspections!